The importance of working with a skilled and experienced WordPress developer cannot be overstated, which is why you should work with us at Pearl White Media. Our extensive marketing knowledge as well as graphic and web design enables us to render high quality services uniquely catered to the needs of businesses from all industries. We are based in Montreal, but we offer services to clients anywhere with the help of WordPress.
What Is WordPress?
According to the developers themselves, WordPress was created to serve as an inclusive platform that makes it easier for users to share their content with others. WordPress has undergone a great deal of transformation over the years. It has gone from being a tool primarily used for blog creation, to one that is now fully capable of creating any kind of website with no limitations.
Examples of websites that can be made with the help of WordPress include:
- Corporate websites
- Websites for Small Business
- eCommerce websites
- Personal websites
- Social networking websites
There is no limitation placed on what kind of website you can create using WordPress. Companies big and small as well as individuals looking to carve out their own niche online can benefit from using WordPress.
How we build our Websites
You have the option of using different themes to improve your WordPress website. We use the Avada theme as a base framework for all our website builds due to it’s extensive amount of features and flexibilty available for the client.
These features are:
- Accessibility – unlike with some WordPress themes, you do not have to be an expert or even a novice coder to properly use Avada. All its features remain accessible to you regardless of how much experience you have with coding.
- Control – The setting options included in Avada enable you to manage specific pages and posts. If you want a particular post to stand out by applying certain flourishes, that option is available to you.
- Convenience – Along with enabling you to customize specific posts, Avada also gives you the option of applying changes quickly. The changes you apply in one area can quickly spread out through the site with the help of Avada’s built-in front and back-end editors.
- Flexibility –Changing and customizing the layout for specific posts can be done with relative ease by using Avada even for our clients with no coding experience.
- Mobile Responsiveness – Regardless of where your WordPress website is viewed, you expect your visitors to have a great experience. Avada presents the layout of your website well in both desktop and mobile mode.
Running down the entire list of Avada’s features would tire both of us out, so let’s just focus on some of the notable offerings presented by this theme.
- Fusion Page Options – Fusion Page Options comes in handy when trying to make edits within certain pages that you want to be independent of what else can be seen on the website.
- WooCommerce Integration – Do you want to build an e-commerce site that can potentially be the next big hotspot for shoppers online? The WooCommerce plug-in available in this theme makes doing so significantly easier.
- Mobile Responsiveness – To ensure that your website is presented well no matter where it is viewed from, Avada gives you responsive breakpoints that you can personally adjust.
- Third-Party Integration – For those who have built WordPress websites previously using different themes, they can continue to use their favorite plug-ins on Avada.
- Optimized for Search Engines – The Avada theme itself is already search engine optimized. On top of that, it provides features that are useful for making your website more visible to search engines. Combine the site’s features with other SEO techniques to guarantee a high ranking on Google.
- Yoast SEO – Yoast SEO helps you determine when and when not to use keywords in a post on your website. It will help your website rank favorably when it comes to search engine results.
- Containers – These elements of the Avada theme are responsible for keeping your page layouts neat and organized.
- Columns – With Avada’s six-column grid, you can present content better and also apply tweaks to further personalize your website.
What Is a Mobile Responsive Design?
Being mobile responsive means your website shows up well even when users access it via their handheld devices. Many people today don’t even bother to power up their laptops or desktop computers while searching online. They simply rely on their mobile devices.
All websites made with the help of Avada are highly compatible with mobile devices, thanks in large part to certain features.
- Prioritize and Hide Content – You only have a limited amount of space to work with in the mobile mode. Choose which content to prioritize for display using Avada.
- Use Scalable Vector Graphics – Eye-catching graphics featured on the desktop version of your website will still show up in scale when viewed on mobile.
- Standardize Clickable Areas/Buttons – Set which portions of your site can be interacted with to prevent visitors from making mistakes as they browse.
- Responsive Imagery – Images and graphics used on an Avada website remain dynamic on mobile.
- Reduce Friction – Improve the user experience by creating an easily navigated website.
Optimizing your website for mobile devices is a must now that just about everyone uses their smartphones to browse the internet. Create an optimized website with the help of Avada, and in the process, make it a more appealing site to Google.
Why Page Speed Matters if You Want to Rank High on Google
Page speed refers to how quickly all the contents of a particular web page are displayed. You obviously want your site to load quickly so visitors are more inclined to visit. Furthermore, a high page speed rating for your website matters to Google’s algorithm. We ensure all our builds are fully optimized to ensure your website runs at it’s peak performance.
Here are some ways how we help improve page speed for your website:
- Compress Files as Appropriate – Use specific tools for compressing files to gain favor in Google rankings.
- Optimize Your Website’s Code – Refining your code is a great way to increase your website’s page speed.
- Cut Down on How Many Redirects Take Place on Your Website – Those additional redirects can cause page speed to decrease significantly.
- Take Advantage of Caching – Reduce the amount of time it takes for browsers to load up your website by making good use of caching.
- Address Any Bit of Server Slowdown – How your server performs can affect page speed. Check up on this and make sure that everything has been optimized.
- Use the Right Images – Factors such as image format and compression can have an impact on how quickly a page loads in full. Always use the correct images when you are featuring them on your website.
Since Google takes page speed into account when ranking pages, it makes sense to implement the necessary optimization practices. The tips listed above should help you improve your website’s page speed significantly, which will lead to better traffic down the line.
Build a Better e-Commerce WordPress Website by Using WooCommerce
The WooCommerce plug-in is also available via other WordPress themes but, arguably, it works best on Avada. WooCommerce has its own dedicated Fusion Theme Options Panel on Avada, and the Fusion Builder feature makes it easier for you to design the product pages.
The intuitive design process featured by WooCommerce helps get your e-Commerce site up and running earlier, and if any issues arise, you will be able to address them quickly. Considering how important it is for websites to be intuitive for users, the easy-to-grasp checkout process WooCommerce offers translates to more sales.
It’s a great tool for both new and experienced e-commerce site builders, and one worth trying out yourself. We improve your e-commerce site by using Yoast SEO.
Why Your WordPress Website Should Be Using Yoast SEO
Many will argue that building a beautiful website populated with useful and informative content are the easy parts of establishing your online presence. The challenge is to find a way to rank highly on Google.
Yoast SEO helps you solve that problem by ensuring that your website adheres to the “highest technical SEO standards.”
Partnering a WordPress website with Yoast SEO helps improve several aspects. These include the layout of the content, the way the titles of certain pages and posts are presented, and even the organization of the website.
Sharing links that will garner clicks on social media is also easier if you use Yoast SEO. Plus, Yoast SEO will let authors know how readable the posts they’re writing actually are.
WordPress, on its own, is already a solid platform for publishing SEO-friendly content. But its SEO-friendly aspects are emphasized even further by the Yoast SEO plug-in.
How to Maximize the Benefits of the Yoast Plug-In
- Check your website to see if everything is where it should be. If you haven’t installed a recent update, now is the time to change that.
- Write something worth reading and present it in an appealing way. Ultimately, quality content that’s easy to digest is what keeps visitors coming back to your website.
- Look at how your website flows. Are the links going where they need to?
- Remember those tips for improving page speed? Use them to bolster the effects of Yoast SEO.
- If your website isn’t yet designed for mobile devices, you need to address that problem as soon as possible.
- Keep track of your website’s performance after implementing the aforementioned improvements. Identify any areas of weakness and fix them promptly.
Websites that function as intended when developers and visitors interact with them are the websites that rank highly on Google and will appeal to most people. Create that website for yourself or for your business in no time with the help of Pearl White Media.
WordPress is a platform conducive to the growth and develop of a high quality website. It’s an intuitively designed platform that accommodates all web developers.
To maximize the value of WordPress and the website you create on that platform, contact Pearl White Media today.
You can create a good WordPress website by yourself, but with our help, you will bring to life a truly remarkable haven for people browsing online