Instagram has emerged as one of the most viral visual content platforms in current times. There is no wonder that businesses around the world are running millions of stories every day.
There is a great opportunity for designers to showcase their talents and get traction from audiences online for designers.
The overall layout and user interface of Instagram make it a haven for designers to go all out and add features to their posts to track individual engagements and boost interactions.
According to a recent study by Hootsuite, over 1 billion people use Instagram every month, spending nearly 30 minutes every day. Furthermore, 81% of people use Instagram to research products and services, while 130 million users tap on shopping post every month.
Moreover, 500 million people use Stories every day, with 50% of people on Instagram visiting websites to make purchases. On October 6th last year in 2020, Instagram celebrated its 10th birthday. Today Instagram is the 6th most visited website in the world.
Instagram Post Tips For Designers
In light of this information, let’s take a quick look at some of the best tips for designers to create posts to promulgate their Instagram account.
● Add Relevant CTAs
While Instagram itself offers you a wide variety of CTAs (call to actions) to include in your post, you can also add your own customized CTAs as well. CTAs offer you closer to your post and the ability to move your audience to take action. The three most common ways to add CTAs on Instagram include:
- Adding a new button to your Instagram ads
- Adding contact buttons to your profile
- Adding a CTA to your post
Suppose you want to add a CTA to your profile. In that case, Instagram offers you the readily available contact buttons for call, text, directions, and email, along with other options like booking, get tickets, start, order, etc. If you want to add a CTA to your post, you can simply do so by swiping up when creating your post. Some of the best CTAs include:
- Join Us
- Learn More
- Sign Up
- Try for Free
Make sure that you add CTAs to your post captions as well. This can be as simple as placing the web address of your profile or website. However, understand the adding links to your Instagram post’s caption doesn’t offer a clickable link.
● Backgrounds and Overlays
Instagram allows you to use backgrounds and overlays for your stories that can offer an extra flavor to your posts. Currently, you have around 20 “Type” options when it comes to background. However, if you want to go even further, then here is what you can do:
- If you want to create a solid colored background, you can snap a photo or upload an image. You can also use the color picker tool and select a color from the photo. Now it’s up to you whether you want to fill the entire screen with a solid color of your choice to act as your background or not.
- If you want to create a translucent overlay, either upload an image or snap a photo. Now tap on the draw icon and then the transparent pen icon with your choice of color. Press and hold your finger down on the screen until the overlay appears.
● Color Combinations & Whitespace
Picking the right color combinations matter a lot, and as a designer, you would also agree that choosing the right color contrast can either make or break the deal. Here are some two-color combinations you can try out:
- Black and Orange: lively and powerful (Gold Ranger vibes from Power Rangers Zeo)
- Deep Purple and Blue: dependable and serene (Sacramento Kings, previously Rochester Royals )
- Navy and Orange: credible and entertaining (Direct Development a design and communications agency)
At the same time, whitespace in your posts is also a necessity as it allows the viewers to disintegrate different pieces of information quickly. It offers them a break from a jumbled design that is too clustered. Hence it allows for their eyes to quickly differentiate various sections in your design.
● Design + Consistency
For a designer, it can greatly help you to create an impact on your audience if you deliver posts that showcase consistency in your designs. This will allow people to familiarize themselves with your style, and once they visit your profile, it will also offer a unique aesthetic value. At University Assignment Help, brand image and design consistency hold the utmost priority. Here are some things you can try out:
- Take colors seriously, as this will allow people to identify you as a brand and improve your recognition.
- Software like Adobe Lightroom can help you keep track of your editing preferences and add presets or premade filters that you can readily apply to your posts.
- Plan out your Instagram feed so that when people visit your profile, they can see posts that look good next to each other.
- Using an Instagram style guide can also help to do wonders for your account.
● Design Elements & Symbols
Instagram offers you tons of design elements that you can use to embroider your content. These can include font types, filters, GIF types, and much more. Using them together consistently over time can also help you create a style guide for your posts. As people become more familiar with you online, they will also begin to recognize your posts, which will help you become even more distinguished.
The image shown above uses asterisk, periods, and the letter “I” from the classic and modern font type to create additional design elements to give your post a creative outlook. Pupils who opt for research paper service can end up spending hours trying to find new styles and elements to play with or include in their latest Instagram posts.
● Stickers & Gifs
Instagram offers you a great option to upload your own custom made and branded stickers to your images. This again can include your logo, special labels, or even CTAs. Hence this puts your audience in a position to quickly look at your recent post and instantly realize what it is all about.
You can use stickers that shout out to your audience like “new post”, “new offer”, “discount”, “update”, etc. Once you are done mastering creating your own custom stickers, maybe you can also then invest time to create your very own design templates.
Instagram definitely provides a distinctive user experience than other social media platforms. Plus, it offers a rich visual experience, making it perfect for designers to use Instagram and add an extra “Oomph” to their work and invested efforts.
It can help them foster engagement with their audience, but it can also open them up for great work opportunities and collaborations with other businesses.
I hope this post was able to offer you some meaningful insights as to how you as a designer should go about creating posts that yield better results. Cheers, and all the best for your future endeavors!
Melissa Calvert currently works as an Email Marketer and Blogger at Assignment Assistance and Crowd Writer. This is where higher education students can acquire professional coursework help from experts specializing in their field of study. She likes to indulge herself in pop culture during her free time, including animes, movies, music, and video games.